Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Disneyland Donald Duck 50th Birthday Lamp Post Sgn

Sold!

Back in the day, Disneyland used to make up signs for the lamp posts around the park.  Then when the event was over, they would show up at various Disney shows and sales around Anaheim.  This one was actually used in Disneyland for the 50th birthday of Donald Duck.

Disneyland had quite a few events around this momentous occasion, and this sign is just one of the pieces we have in our collection.  My favorite memory from the event was when they had 50 baby ducks follow Donald down Main Street USA!  Quite a parade, and good memories, I can tell you!

 This is painted on a heavy board, made to withstand the elements (I know, because I still have a similar Teddi Beara on my garden wall that has been there for over 25 years and she hasn't faded a bit).  That said, this sign has hung on the wall in my living room for close to 30 years.  It measures almost 17 inches tall and 16 inches wide.

A truly rare piece of memorabilia for either the Disneyland or Donald Duck collector.  Asking price $100 plus actual shipping and insurance.


No comments:

Post a Comment